WDTV Live Meta Gen
|Development status||Hiatus (see Product Description)|
|Written in||C#, .NET 3|
In early 2012 Jamie purchased a WDTV Live Generation 3 as a low cost HTPC. After attaching a USB hard drive with half a terabyte of media, Jamie noticed that the WDTV Live would take a long time to pull meta data (including posters, background art, etc.) for each movie/tv show episode.
After investigating what was happening, Jamie found that the following steps would be taken by the WDTV on each file on the drive:
- Read the filename
- Separate on "." characters
- Use all text before the SxxExx (see points 4 & 5) as a look-up string for the Show/Movie title
- Use the character sequence Sxx for the Season number
- Use the character sequence Ezz for the Episode number
- Use the information provided in the previous 3 steps to look-up Show/Movie data in Meta-sources.
An example process for a file called "MASH.S01.E03.mkv" would be:
- Read the file name - "MASH.S01.E03.mkv"
- Separate on "." characters - MASH S01 E03 mkv
- Use all text before the SxxExx as a look-up string for the Show/Movie title - MASH
- Use the character sequence Sxx for the Season number - 01
- Use the character sequence Ezz for the Episode number - 03
This information would then be used to search a media information provider for the relevant meta data.
The application uses C# and Dot Net 3 and is run as a Windows forms application.